Wednesday, April 4, 2012

TIE BLOG #1

My lesson that I will be incorporating with my voice thread will be for 1st grade students learning the life cycle of the chicken. Another PST that is in 1st grade, Princess, will be doing her life cycle on frogs. We will contrast the two. We will ask students what does the life cycle of a frog have similar of the life cycle of the chicken. I will also have students comment on how it does not matter where the life cycle starts off...it is a life cycle it continues and starts wherever......

my TEK is...

(10)  Organisms and environments. The student knows that organisms resemble their parents and have structures and processes that help them survive within their environments. The student is expected to:

(D)  observe and record life cycles of animals such as a chicken, frog, or fish.

I recently got pictures from my CT that I might be using instead. I need to play around with it more and see what looks best!

No comments:

Post a Comment