Thursday, April 12, 2012

TIE Blog 2

So I FINALLY finished this voice thread that I was so anxious and nervous about and really....it wasn't bad AT ALL. The students LOV ED it. They liked doing something totally different from what they do. They also enjoyed hearing their own voice play back and putting the head set on. A few students got nervous once I said to record so I had them write it down and then read it off of the paper. Everything worked out great. The students did tend to want to record versus write in their comment. The ones that are usually "shy" in class took over the mic.

"What worked well?"
- Definitely having the students make it their own and record their responses. Also, having the students write down their responses and then read them off of the paper because a few students froze when it was time to record.

"What would I do differently?"
- I would have had the computer already set up on voice thread before hand. It didn't take much time to pull it up and get the students started but while I was trying to set up the students on the computer the other students were at their desk doing their assignment with not much guidance. I think I was also nervous of getting everything done in time so I was rushing and not really paying attention.

The questions that the students worked with were:

What happens while the chick is in the egg?

Does the chick look like a chicken?

What is the difference between a female and male chicken?

Does it matter what picture you put first in the life cycle?

Two students working on the voice thread. Very Proud!!!





Here it is!!!

7 comments:

  1. Danielle you did a great job on your voice thread. It looks very polished/professional. I agree with you when you say that having a script is the way to go; I just wish I had of thought of it before I did my own voice thread. I feel it would have made my V.T. better. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Trish. Yes it would have been a lot smoother with a script!

      Delete
  2. I love it! It sounds like all the students had fun doing this, as did mine. I wish I would have been able to use a microphone though. You're student sound like they are having fun and learning at the same time! Always a good thing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad that it wasn't as bad as you thought and the one problem that I had was that i couldn't have more than one student logged on because it would kick them out. I know we did our voicethread on the life cycle of a chicken but I really liked your pictures.

      Delete
  3. Great job Danielle! The pictures of your students working on the VoiceThread is awesome they look so engaged! I agree with you have it already ready to go on the computer would benefit a lot especially when so many other things are going on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Danielle, I really enjoyed your VoiceThread! The students sound and look as if learning is fun! To get both of those reactions at the same time is no simple task. You get a gold star!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good VoiceThread, overall, I still see no planning document (3) from TIE Blog 1, nor do I see the three comments to the peer posts in TIE Blog 2 as directed in the syllabus requirements.

    Good reflection, overall.

    ReplyDelete